Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recycle for MONEY



Recycle for MONEY
Are you tossing money into your recycling bins every week????
You just might be!!!!
I have bins in my garage for aluminum and metal that I do NOT put to the curb.
I sort by metal (it's magnetic), aluminum (not magnetic), and you can do brass, copper, and more!
I use a can opener on the soup cans and flatten them, and step on the NON-returnable aluminum soda/ice tea/cat food/tomato juice cans and flatten those. Toss in your used aluminum foil and baking pans too! Then when the bins get full, I drop them off :)
Make sure they're washed LOL!
Take it down to your local recycling center and get CASH for it!!!!!
If your center has a residential and a commercial side, you want the commercial side.
Call ahead and see how your local center works.
I dropped off my aluminum on the way to my nephews baseball game today and came out with $23.00 extra in my wallet!!!
My center pays up to $.50/lb for Aluminum & up to $.14/lb for metal.
You'll find there's a LOT of things you could get CASH for at the recycling centers that you're putting to the curb every week.